In India, this burger is every student’s go-to snack after college. Made with simple ingredients, yeh crowd favourite hai. It’s affordable yet a treat to your taste buds. Sotoday, we will decode the infamous aloo tikki burger recipe, but make it healthy.
Aloo Tikki Burger is a fusion snack recipe that was introduced specially in India by the international fast food chain, it combines Indian traditional chaat and western fast food. With this recipe we will decode the infamous Aloo tikki burger but give it our own healthy twist.
Prep time: 1 hour (includes chill time)
Cook Time: 25-30 mins
Makes: 4 burgers
For the patty:
1. 2 potatoes (boiled and mashed)
2. ¼ cup peas(boiled)
3. ¼ tsp turmeric
4. 1 cup bread crumbs
5. 1 tsp chilli powder
6. ½ tsp coriander powder
7. ¼ tsp cumin powder
8. 1 tsp ground pepper
9. Salt to taste
10. ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
11. ¼ cup thick poha (washed)
12. 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
13. 2 tbsp corn flour
14. ¼ cup water
For the special sauce:
1. 3 tbsp mayonnaise
2. 3 tbsp ketchup
3. 1 tbsp chilli sauce
4. 1 tsp chat masala
5. ½ tsp orange food colour (optional)
1. 4 multi-grain burger buns
2. 1 tomato thinly sliced
3. 1 onion, sliced into rings
· In a large bowl, to the mashed potatoes, add boiled peas, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin, and coriander powder, ½ tsp pepper, ginger garlic paste, poha, and combine.
· Prepare patties as instructed in the video, and freeze for an hour.
· Once the hour is almost up, pre- heat the oven at 180° C and line a baking tray. You can skip this step if you plan to deep fry the patties.
· In a bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, corn flour, ½ tsp pepper, and water.
· Coat the prepared patty in the flour mixture and roll it in bread crumbs and repeat till all the patties are coated.
· Bake at 180° C for 20 minutes, or deep fry in oil until golden and crispy
· In a bowl, add all the ingredients under special sauce and mix well until combined. Once combined, set aside.
· Cut the burger bun in half and spread a tsp of prepared sauce on both sides.
· On the bottom side, place the crispy patty and again top it with some special sauce.
· Now place two tomato slices and onion rings.
· Cove the burger and press lightly.
· Your burger is ready to serve.
PRO TIP: While baking/frying the burger place your prepared tomatoes and onions in the fridge for exactly 10 minutes to get rid of its moisture content.