If one had to pick one of the most versatile accessories when it comes to home décor, cushions would be a top contender. Play around with prints and colours, or experiment with textures, or more so, use them as seating, the choice is all yours. Here are a few styling tips that might come in handy in case you are looking to decorate or re-decorate your home.
1. The first and the most important aspect to consider while styling a cushion is home décor. If the running theme is neutral, add a pop of colour by opting for bold designs. If you have chosen a dramatic colour code, use monochrome cushions to balance it out.
2. Textures give cushions more character. Thus, don’t hesitate to try all that is out there. Choose from a bevy of options ranging from velvet finish and metallic to faux fur, or silk.
3. When placing cushions on various kinds of furniture, have fun with shapes and sizes. The idea is to set up your home according to your sensibilities and make it look appealing as you go along.
4. You might also want to pay attention to vibe you want to exude in each room of the house. For instance, the bedroom is a place for you to unwind, so, opting for softer/neutral tones is ideal. Living room is the place where you entertain guests, thus, cushions in that space could be bolder and brighter in comparison.
5. Always keep in mind that the number of cushions on each piece of furniture shouldn’t be consistent. Ideally, the number of cushions on a sofa can be anywhere between four to six, depending upon how many people it can accommodate, whereas the maximum number of cushions on the bed should not exceed five. As for the floor, stick with about six to eight. Goes without saying, the numbers differ based on the space you have.