Teriyaki is one of the most popular flavours in the world! Learn how to make deliciously close to authentic Teriyaki at home with these simple steps. This recipe is perfect for those hectic days in the week where dinner is nowhere in sight, but can be in a matter of minutes. Shallow fried cottage cheese (paneer) swimming in a flavoured homemade teriyaki sauce makes it absolutely addictive!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes: Serves 4 to 5
· 500 grams cubed cottage cheese (paneer) or tofu
· 4 cups broccoli florets
· 3 tablespoon sesame or vegetable oil
· 1/4 cup soy sauce
· 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
· 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 2 tablespoon sweet and chili sauce
· 2 teaspoons minced garlic
· 1 teaspoon corn flour
· 1 cup onion petals
· 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. In a kadhai, heat 2 tablespoon oil on medium flame
2. Now shallow fry the broccoli for 5-7 minutes
3. Keep stirring in between.
4. Add ¼ cup water. Cover and cook
5. Once it has cooked and still has some bite left to it, remove from pan and keep aside
6. In the same oil, add in the cubed paneer, and fry in batches. Remove from pan and keep aside.
7. In a jug or bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sweet and chilli sauce, chilli powder, cornflour and sesame oil to combine. Set aside.
8. Add garlic to the pan and sauté until lightly fragrant (about 30 seconds).
9. Add in broccoli and the onion petals and sauté for a minute
10. Now add in the fried paneer and sauté for another minute
11. Pour in the sauce, give it a quick mix and allow to cook, until the sauce thickens into a beautiful shiny glaze, about 3- 5 minutes.
12. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with steamed rice.