Does the world really need another brownie recipe? The answer is always, yes! These dark chocolate brownies are eggless and still the fudgiest and most decadent homemade brownies you’ll ever try
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Makes: 2 batches
• 7 inch square baking pan
• Baking paper/parchment paper
• Mixing bowl
• Balloon whisk
• 1 cup good quality dark chocolate, chopped
• ½ cup butter
• ¾ cup caster sugar
• 1/3 cup freshly boiled water
• 1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
• ¼ cup cocoa powder
• ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsps corn flour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180° C.
2. Grease and line a seven-inch square baking pan with baking/parchment paper, leaving a little overhang, keep aside.
3. On low heat, add butter, chocolate, and cocoa to a saucepan. Stir often till melted and smooth. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and hot water, and whisk till the sugar has dissolved.
5. Using a spatula, stir in the vanilla extract, then pour in the melted chocolate mixture. Mix until smooth.
6. Now stir in the yoghurt, and combine.
7. Add in the all-purpose flour and corn flour.
8. Fold gently to combine into a smooth, thick batter, and break up any lumps.
9. Spread half the batter into the prepared pan. Make sure it’s even all over.
10. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 180° C, until you see a crust has formed on the top.
11. Allow the brownies to cool completely at room temperature.
12. Once cooled, lift them out of the pan using the paper overhang.
13. Remember, this recipe will make two batches if baked in a seven-inch pan.
14. Sprinkle some cocoa powder over the freshly baked brownies.
15. Slice into equal pieces.
16. Brownies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight tin for four to five days, or in the fridge for about 10 days.